Name : Saba Sami Mehdi Al-Ali
Place and Date of Birth : Baghdad 1965
Phd. Architectural Engineering, University of Baghdad, 2010.
Msc. Architectural Engineering, University of Baghdad, 1997.
Bsc, Architectural Engineering, University of Baghdad, 1988.
Field of specialization: History and Theory of Architecture.
Academic Practice :
Position : Lecturer
Al- Nahrain University/ College of Engineering/ Dept. of Architecture( 2001- until now)
- Lecturer of History of Architecture : for 2nd and 3rd year class.(permanent courses)
- Instructor of Architectural Graphics: 2nd year Studio. (2004, 2005, 2011)
- Head of Architectural Design Studio: 1st year Studio (2012-2013), (2013-2014)
- Head of Architectural Design Studio: 5th year Studio (2014-2015), (2015-2016)
- Member of the editorial board of The College of Engineering Journal (NUCEJ) since September 2013
- Member of the checking and reviewing Team of the Code of "Beauty of Iraqi Cities". 2012-2016.
- Revision of the Architectural Image of Round Baghdad: A study of the suggested reconstructions drawn by Architectural Historians. (to be published in the BISI Journal, vol.78, 2016).
- Proportional Preferences in Mesopotamian Architecture. ) Alhanassa -Journal of college of engineering/AlnahrainUniversity,UNCE,2014)
- Formal Characteristics of the Architectural Type of contemporary Mosques within the concept of Topology. (Alhandassa- Journal of the college of engineering-Baghdad University,October 2014)
- Employing Types and Historical Styles as Sources of Form in Digital Architecture. (Journal of the AARU no.1, v.19,2012 )
- Architecture and Technology : Analyzing Architecture from a Technological Standpoint. (Alhandassa- Journal of the college of engineering-Baghdad University)2010.
- PhD dissertation : Technology of Historical Architecture in Iraq and its role in the changes of styles. (University of Baghdad, 2010) not published.
- Master deg. Thesis : A Poetics of Architecture: a study and application on Islamic Architecture.(University of Baghdad, 1997) not published.
Premier Urgence (N.G.O)
1997 – 2000 (3 years)Baghdad
Premier Urgence a french N.G.O, which executed Humanitarian Aid Programs in Iraq during the late 1990s and after the gulf war 2003. I joined their programs for the rehabilitation and development of several general hospitals around Iraq including :
- Al-Kindi General Hospital/ Baghdad
-Neuro- Surgical Hospital /Baghdad
- Al-llwya Pediatric Hospital / Baghdad
- Abu Ghraib General Hospital
- Al Mahmudya General Hospital
-Al Medain General Hospital.
- Balad General Hospital.
- evaluation of tuberculosis health centers in several Iraqi governorates.
- the rehabilitation and development program in 2004-2005 for the Iraqi Child Cultural Center, known as : Al-Fanoos Al-Sihree building in Baghdad.
Starting : Saba Sami Design office .
1994-1996 , licensed from the Syndicate of Iraqi Engineers, cancelled in 2005.
The practice took hold of several private residences and commercial buildings designs and working drawings.
Iraqi Ministry of Culture and Information
1992 – 1994 (2 years)Baghdad
Work included preparing design for several buildings projects including : typical radio and TV transmission station , a Cultural Center at Al Muthanna Governorate.
Dr.Saher Al-Kaissi office for Architectural Design.
August 1988 – May 1992 (3 years 10 months)Baghdad
Work included Designing, and site execution following for numerous private residences , commercial buildings. also the entry of several Architectural Competitions , including the competition for: Baghdad Opera House, A Presidential Palace, A100 capacity Typical Mosque.