• Dr. Mohammed A. Hussain
• Birth: Baghdad 1954
• Marital: Married, three children.
2) Post: Director of the Engineering Consultancy Bureau (ECB) of the College of Engineering
• Experience with robotics, automated manufacturing systems, and CNC machine tools.
• Member of many teams for consultant supervision of the mechanical systems for petroleum, electrical power stations and water treatment plants.
• Member of the mechanical engineering teams for designing and design checking of different construction and industrial projects.
• Member of the mechanical engineering group for the supervision of Hadeetha Diesel Power Plant erection (as subcontractors of S.E.M.T. PIELSTICK, France).
• Construction and maintenance of CO2 laser systems and laser measurement systems.
• Design and construction of specialized optical and electromechanical test equipment.
• • Rehabilitation and manufacture of the mechanical assemblies for main satellite communication
• Teaching subjects in basic mechanical engineering, manufacturing technology, non-conventional manufacturing technologies, fundamentals of laser technology, laser design technology, industrial laser applications, and laser-material processing.
• Supervising one Ph.D. and over twenty one M.Sc. projects in laser material processing, laser design and construction and laser applications.
• Course tutor of undergraduate and postgraduate studies, and acting head of the department of laser engineering.
• Conferences, invited lectures, short courses in the fields of specialization.
• Participation in examination committees of Ph.D. and M.Sc. theses, and final year projects.
• Many published papers in laser material processing.
• Computer programming languages, database, and scientific packages including CAD/CAM systems
• Acting Head of the department of Laser Engineering 2000.
• Head of the department of Laser and Optoelectronics Engineering 2011-2014.
• Director of the Engineering Consultancy Bureau (ECB) of the College of Engineering 2014-cont.
• 1964 – 1966 Ammaar Bin Yasir primary school, Al-Bayyaa
• 1967 – 1969 Al-Wathbah intermediate school, Al-Yarmook
• 1969 – 1972 Al-Mansoor Preparatory School, Al-Harthiya
• B.Sc. Mechanical engineering, Baghdad University 1976.
• M.Sc. Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Cranfield I.T. (U.K) 1986.
• Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering/Computer-Based Laser Material Processing, Glasgow University
1. Cutting of PMMA using CW,CO2 Laser
2. Two Optical Arrangements Of Laser Nozzle Head For Cutting Composite Materials
3. Gas Cooling Arrangements For Nd:Yag Laser Cavities
4. Theoretical Treatment of Thermal Effects on Nd:YAG Laser Rod
5. Modeling of Plasma Affected Thermal Profile in Solids During Laser Materials Processing
6. Numerical Solutions of Heat Conduction in Semi-infinite Solids Irradiated by Laser Beam
7. Vibration Measurement and Analysis Using Heterodyne Laser Detection
8. Simulation of One Dimensional Photoacoustic Imaging
9. Photoacoustic Imaging for Tumor Detection
10. Photoacoustic Imaging for Tumor Detection: An in vitro Simulation Study
11. Photoacoustic Applications for Gas Detection